Unable to perform a Bios Update in Toshiba Satellite C55-A

Mar 21, 2018
I've been trying to perform a bios update in a Toshiba Satellite c55-a5105, I downloaded the drivers from https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3E083614Q&osId=34 and burned the isso in a CD. I followed the bios update procedure correctly, boot the computer from the CD and then typing Flash when the prompt shows up, but I got an error seconds right after the process starts, the error says: "Model name not match, Error: Run command - Unsupported". I verified that I have the correct bios files around ten times, everything seems well, but I cant update the bios for the mentioned error. Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Solution

Thanks mate, I just solved, I managed to update to the latest version, the reason it was failing because I was trying to update to the latest version directly from the current version that the computer has which was around 3 prior versions. What I did was update the BIOS one version by one, I mean, 1.30 to 1.40 and finally 1.50. That worked. Thanks for the help anyway.
Mar 21, 2018

Well, the reason I need to do this is because I work for a telemarketing company and all the laptops brand Toshiba (around 50) have Linux installed, Xubuntu 14.10 LTS but we are moving to the latest LTS version which is Xubuntu 16.04. The first computers that we are testing with the new Linux version are showing a never ending annoying notifications in the terminal about "ACPI error, not found...." and we found out the error goes away after the BIOS got updated, so that's is the main reason for us to update the BIOS and it needs to be done ASAP. Note: this error doesnt not occur in other laptops with different brands such as HP or Lenovo, it is just Toshiba.

ohiou_grad_2006

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Sounds like fun. You theoretically should be able to find it from Toshiba's support site. Usually business class machines from Dell for example are pretty good about those things. I can't say I'm as familiar with Toshiba though.

Mar 21, 2018

Thanks mate, I just solved, I managed to update to the latest version, the reason it was failing because I was trying to update to the latest version directly from the current version that the computer has which was around 3 prior versions. What I did was update the BIOS one version by one, I mean, 1.30 to 1.40 and finally 1.50. That worked. Thanks for the help anyway.

Solution