Unable to remove pop up ads

CAaronD

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
I made a thread in the past. Still no luck. No matter what I do, the TWO VERY SPECIFIC ads won't stop popping up no matter what website I'm on. I've tried downloading Adware removals, Malware Antibytes, etc, etc. Nothing detects it. What would you suggest me to do??

CAaronD

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
It happens to Google Chrome. I checked the extensions, there are no extensions at all. Also they are about Binary Options. Something called "Fashion method." every single ad is the same.

CAaronD

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
Hmm, never thought of restoring Chrome to original. I do not have a reset browser button setting in advanced settings though. How would I reset in that case?

@i7Baby I meant the ads from the adware. The very specific ad called Fashion Method if it helps.

dekertek

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I find it odd that you don't have a reset button after selecting the "Show Advanced Settings..." option at the bottom of the settings screen. This could be due to a really old Chrome version that isn't being updated. Please verify that you are using version 29 or newer. Here is a link to help you check your version and if necessary, manually reset chrome to default should the reset button still be missing:

http://www.tothepc.com/archives/reset-google-chrome-to-default-settings/