Unable to save any docs (excel or word)

Chris1018

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
This problem started within the last month. I have not downloaded or done anything different for a long time. I can't save a Word document or an Excel document. The error I am getting reads as: "There are no more files".

I tried finding a resolution online, but have not been successful. Please help!!! Thanks.

Are you doing some sort of regular, routine download that tracks the downloaded files and is now telling you "There are no more files." because all of the files have already been downloaded.

Or is there some error message mixup where "There are no more files" is actually meant to indicate an empty folder aka "No files found"?

What may have happened is there was some change or update that has invalidated or broken the process you are accustomed to performing.

Please add more information about the situation. Details matter.

Chris1018

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

Chris1018

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
Thanks for your response! For example, I created a new excel spreadsheet and a new document in Word and tried to save it to my desktop, and get the same error. I also tried saving a PDF document I received via email, and I click on "save" and nothing happens and "save as" and nothing happens. Very frustrating. I rebooted once so far.

Are you sure that you still have the necessary end-user rights to "save"?

Your user account now being Read Only perhaps versus Read/Write.

Could be that some software change (e.g., new install, an upgrade, or an update) has changed the default "save" destination to some non-existent location.

In either case, there should be some error message presented.

Are you working on your own personal computer or a computer owned by someone else - a work computer?

Who has full admin rights to your computer?

Your User Account rights may have become corrupted. If so, Admin access is necessary to correct the problem.

Is that the exact error message?

Chris1018

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

Chris1018

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
hang-the-9 --- Yes this is the exact error message. It is a "save as" text box with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark inside the triangle. and states - there are no more files.

This is on my personal laptop. I've never had any issues of this kind. Mind boggling. Not sure what else to do. I tried shutting down and restarting, but am still getting the error. I have not changed anything with saving rights.

Any help continues to be appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 15, 2018
I had the exact same issue, but every time i tried to save any file there was also one error popping up from windows defender saying 'Unauthorised changes blocked'. so I went ahead and changed the setting about Controlled Folder Access inside windows defender then wolah... i can now save files.