Unable to uninstall uTorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

programram

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
So I have utorrent installed and it wont go away ive tried to use revo and after it finishes the last step it closes and does nothing I tried deleting the utorrent file and I don't have privileges I try adding my self with special privileges and apparently I don't exist yet I'm already on there just without special permissions so I try to use bitdefenders file shredder yet again no permission so I try the easy way through programs and apps and windows doest find a program named utorrent to uninstall it doesn't even have a uninstall program at the utorrent file so I tried safe mode with command prompt and even with command prompt I couldn't uninstall it in safe mode not even revo. I need to get rid of it my av keeps triggering alerts for it even when its not running somethings going on with utorrent and I want out of it if you guys have any advice ill gladly take it!

Thank you

Solution
It is located in
c:\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
Just stop uTorrent, delete the folder and uTorrent is gone.
Since it is located in user profile, you should have full access rights to folder and files in it.

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
Honestly if it is that in-bedded in your system, if it were me, I would start over. Format your hdd/ssd and reinstall windows. It is highly probably you have a Trojan uTorrent. I have seen them before in friends rigs. While I may be possible to still uninstall it, I don't know that I would trust my system until a format was done. I would go the paranoid route and format any drive(s) it had access to as well. I have had to much experience with things like that biting me in the back side later. It well could have installed a back door, among other things. However this is your rig and only you can make a call like that.

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
It is located in
c:\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
Just stop uTorrent, delete the folder and uTorrent is gone.
Since it is located in user profile, you should have full access rights to folder and files in it.

Solution

programram

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

This is not possible as it says I don't have permission even in safe mode

programram

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

I wish it were that simple but theres just too much data and I know for a fact it was trying to send out stuff because bit defender constantly kept blocking uploads from it when there was no seeding being done and the application was closed. For now what I need to get done is remove it, also I have another thread open that at the time I thought was unrelated its about my pc losing time but not in the bios and I feel as if this might be as result of that

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

Sounds like issue with file permissions.
Execute this from elevated command prompt:
  • takeown /f c:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\roaming\utorrent /r
    icacls c:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\roaming\utorrent /reset /t
Replace <yourusername> with your user name.
After that delete folder c:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\roaming\utorrent

programram

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

Now this is what shows up when I press enter ERROR: Invalid argument/option - 'trindade\appdata\roaming\utorrent'.
Type "TAKEOWN /?" for usage.

programram

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

Nevermind it worked I forgot to put something in thank you its now gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.