Unable to unlock 960t after changing motherboard

faridr

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Hello, I recently swap a motherboard with a friend of mine since he's building HTPC and needed a smaller motherboard

My original motherboard was asus m5a78l-m lx, and manage to unlock amd phenom II 960t to 6 cores and running stable. After swapping with friend's msi 870-g45 motherboard (updated to latest bios v10.8), I could not unlock the extra 2 core

My setting in bios:
Unlock Cpu Core: enable
Advanced Clock Calibration: auto
Cpu Core Control: manual
(and few more different setting)

but only core 1,2,3,4 are displayed

Not that I need the extra 2 core (revert back to 4 core with my old motherboard even it is stable), but just wanting to know out of curiousty why I'm unable to unlock core with different motherboard

_zxzxzx_

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Although the motherboards have different chipsets, they both list "core unlocking" as one of the features. Is your BIOS updated to the latest version and have you tried the using the software through windows?

faridr

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Manage to unlock after installing win 7, using bios code unlocked technology software from MSI, havent tested with prime 95 as I stumble upon talk on msi 870-g45 having high rate of failure because of vrm issue and bad mosfet, especially when overcloking/unlocking.

So much for military grade component, heh.