Understanding the Click to Analyze message in Adobe Premiere Pro 6

lastskysamurai

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Hi everyone, I'll try & describe this the best I can, please bare with me on this. Iv'e spent maybe a total of 2 hours using PPro6 up to this point.

Ok, Iv'e imported some footage into my Timelime or (sequence1?) ,one particular clip I highlighted I applied the Warp Stabilizer Effect to, rendered it out & later decided I wanted to extend the clip a bit longer at the end, now I get the message

"Frame not analyzed for stabilization; click Analyze."

So I'm looking for this "Analyze" button thinking it will stabilize & render out the extra footage I pulled out of the clip. Is this right? I can't remove the message over the footage unless I delete the effect off the clip & start again. If there is one, where do I go to apply the analysis to the extra bit of footage?

Thanks guys & girls, appreciate any insight in regards to this.

Solution
You should be able to find it under "Effects Controls" tab. When you add an effect the controls for it will appear in the "Effects Control" tab. Do the following if you do not see the tab:
1) Click on Window
2) Click on Effect Controls
OR Shift+5

Edit: That should be "Effect Controls" and not "Effects Control".
I am a Premiere Pro CS6 user and am going to try to replicate your problem and see if I can find a solution. It is performing the "Analyzing in background (Step 1 of 2)" step right now and it may take a while so I will get back to you on this one. I cancelled the operation and the "Analyze" button appeared after I clicked the cancel button (right below Warp Stabilizer and just above the greyed out cancel button). I used the "Ripple Edit Tool" at the beginning of the clip so I can extend it once the clip has been analyzed and rendered. I will let this run overnight and get back to you.

lastskysamurai

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

Thanks, Kenrivers. I'm sorry but are you talking about the Warp Stabilizer in the Effects Tab? I see Warp Stabilizer but no Analyze Button. : ( & I never saw the Cancel button below Warp Stabilizer either.

I read up on what the "Ripple Edit Tool" was, & understand what it does, but I don't want to have to Stabilize or add X effect to every bit of footage & wait till it all renders out before I even know what part of the footage I actually want in the Edit. - Lay down your cut first, then add Effects later or as you go right?

But you're saying there is a Stabilize button right & you have used it? I'd really like to know exactly where that button, thanks again!

You should be able to find it under "Effects Controls" tab. When you add an effect the controls for it will appear in the "Effects Control" tab. Do the following if you do not see the tab:
1) Click on Window
2) Click on Effect Controls
OR Shift+5

Edit: That should be "Effect Controls" and not "Effects Control".

Solution
I extended the clip and got the same message you did "Frame not analyzed for stabilization; click Analyze."
Since I had the Effect Controls tab open I was able to click on the Analyze button. I have the Effect Controls window (tab) docked in the source window. I was able to do this without having to delete the effect and then add it back again.

lastskysamurai

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

Ah thank you so much! I was looking all over the place for the "Effects Controls" tab & just couldn't see it, had you not mentioned the Shift+5 short-cut I'd still be looking for it now. I never even saw those grayed out menus up the top. It's Analyzed the whole clip again & finished off the Stabilization.

I really do appreciate the time you took to help me out Ken, thank you so much, See you around the forums mate, : D

Glad I could be of help.