Undetectable malware adware

Euler98gr

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
i'm infected with malware that seems to pop up ad windows at random times and my homepage has on the upper left corner a secure search window which gets me to a playbar.biz search engine.Have tried every malware possible without success also msconfig shows no suspicious services running neither i detect harmful apps on the unistall panel.Thanks in advance for your help

grana92

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Did you check under C:/Program Files/? Or Program Files (x86)/? They can hide there and are easy to notice. Also if you're talking about Chrome, install AdBlock extension

grana92

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
That upper left secure search thingy sounds like a toolbar to me, so it must be installed somewhere. If it's not in C:/, what about chrome extensions, did you check there? Also, malware can mimic a name of some other process in the task manager list. Keep the Task Manager list open and try to detect the process that's activated when the pop up appears.

Euler98gr

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
whenever i launch chrome the only thing that pops up in task manager are 5 processes of it.Also i have looked up every non windows process and nothing seems dodgy

Euler98gr

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
tried everything guys checking extensions reinstalling chrome reseting settings changing application name to default.e.t.c.Also i used scw spyware or something anti malware bytes and hitman pro.A thing i noticed though is that the toolbar doesn't pop when i launch chrome offline so maybe it's not a 3d party app that causes the problem