Unique crashing problem

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, My laptop has been crashing starting 2 days ago. (It only crashes when I'm playing video games i can spend the entire day browsing and it wouldn't crash) it just randomly gives me the BSOD and then upon restart says (no bootable drive) if i turn it off andwait 10 minutes then try to boot again it boots perfectly,i ran a bunch of tests. HDD sentinel says that both my SSD and HDD are in perfect conditions. memory diagnostics found no errors. i reset my device and reinstalled windows several times and the problem persists, the only irregular test i found was that dskchk c: would get stuck at 12%

Laptop specs:
Intel core I7-6700HQ 2.60Ghz 2.60Ghz
Nvidia GTX 980m 4gb
16GB Ram
250GB SSD
1TB hdd
Windows 10 home premium

Solution

You might be able to trace the cause of the crashes. Try an application like Bluescreenview. If Windows saved logs of the crashes (in C:\Windows\minidump), it will pick those up and relay information about them.

Sounds like a faulty SSD or video chip, if not a driver.
Feb 28, 2018
Bad sector in your hard drive? I know you've tried sentinel tho but just to make sure. It's safe to say because chkdsk got stuck in the middle of the process. Never experienced that before :/ mine would usually take a long time but never will it get stuck or whatsoever.

You can try swapping your hard drive with another one (if you have one) and try to install that particular game on it and give it a shot and see if it runs smoothly.

Apr 3, 2018

thats the thing i do not have an extra SSD plus even if i did its a laptop so installing it would be a pain.

Apr 3, 2018

Acer predator G9-791. i downloaded all the latest drivers from Acer's website and installed them. still got the problem

Feb 28, 2018

You could just pull the drives out from behind the laptop, you might need some screwdrivers tho.

You might be able to trace the cause of the crashes. Try an application like Bluescreenview. If Windows saved logs of the crashes (in C:\Windows\minidump), it will pick those up and relay information about them.

Sounds like a faulty SSD or video chip, if not a driver.

Solution