"Unknown Device" in Device Manager (installing Windows 7 Pro on ASUS X455LJ)

mynameisjoe1

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Hi all, so far I have almost everything working in Windows 7 Professional on this ASUS X455LJ laptop (which the drivers at ASUS only support Windows 8 and Windows 10.

So now here are my last two problems:

• No sound through headphones (but only the speakers even when headphones are plugged in).
    "Unknown Device" in Device Manager keeps showing up.

First thing I am gonna do is see if uninstalling the sound driver then reinstalling, i will see if windows update reinstalls the driver to the right one.

Second, here is some info about this Unknown Device:
Hardware Ids:
ACPI\INT33D3
*INT33D3

Compatible Ids:

PNP0C60

Physical Device Object Name:
\Device\00000056

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

If anyone has any suggestions please drop a line here if you can, thanks!.

mynameisjoe1

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Well the first thing I did was I installed the LAN driver right from the Broadcom website. And from there I have been using Windows Update, Slimdrivers Free, to install the majority of the drivers. Some I found from searching on Google using Hardware Ids to find the right driver.

It's weird for Audio because if I run the Win8 driver for this laptop in compatability mode, Windows UPdate finds the driver for audio, and audio works through my headphones. Then, after a restart everything stops working and it says there is no driver found for audio. I tried cancelling the Win8 driver from installing audio, so WIndows Update could take over, but the restart revealed that it didn\t work. Then leaving the Win8 driver running with Windows Update, audio still doesnt work after a restart. So Audio is still a problem.

And of course the Unknown Device is still a problem.

I've tried CPU-Z and Belarc Advisor to see what hardware I am using, well thats not totally helpful anymore because it doesnt show anything related to my current problem now.

I've tried other paid (trial) driver updaters, but you have to pay to use their software and I dont want to buy something that actually doesnt work and then having to try and get a refund.

mynameisjoe1

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Thanks for the links but I have the chipset driver, the lan driver and the card reader works so thats good. Only problem is getting sound and there is an Unknown Device which I described above, no idea what it is and where the driver may be

mynameisjoe1

Estimable
May 8, 2015
The hardware is Conexant, but it seems Windows Update took care of fixing the driver for me. But there is a problem with dragging web browser windows into the other monitor window (cus I have dual monitors). There sometimes isn't sound when I do that, but after a restart it worked. Still got Unknown Device.

Gladly, I don't need Windows 7 for this new job like I originally thought. So, I am going back to Windows 10, and I have made a backup of the drivers using Driver Max so people using the same machine can try out Windows 7 themselves without a bunch of fishing around like I had to do. Here is the link to the article I've made:

http://willthisrestoreitself.blogspot.com/2016/01/getting-windows-7-pro-onto-asus-x455lj_9.html

Thanks for the support anyways!.