Unknown password - Asus Transformer T100

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichard100111

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
I know this has been discussed (or not discussed) to great lengths, but I have gotten nowhere with my research.

My dad purchased an Asus Transformer T100 laptop for my 88 year old grandfather who wanted to learn to use a computer. My dad set it up and then my grandfather passed away before he could use it. Since then, my dad has forgotten some of the settings, and the computer has sit unused. He tried to use it last week and when turning it on, the computer has a black screen with a blue box stating "Enter Password". This doesn't appear to be a Windows thing, so I'm guessing it's a bios password. I contacted Asus tech support last night and they told me to send the computer in. My dad doesn't want to send it in. He doesn't know if he set up this password of if the computer came with it already set up, but in any case it remains unusable. I've tried different key combinations during boot-up and some generic bios passwords, but none work. I was able to get it to change to as for a rescue password, which is why I called Asus, but they told me they didn't have a rescue password and I'd have to sent the computer in.

Can anyone help?

This is not a stolen computer. I have the laptop, box, purchase receipt, etc. Nothing shady here, just want to be able to use this laptop as it is currently just an expensive paperweight.

Solution
if you can't remember the BIOS password you have to send it in. Otherwise you just guess it, but this forum isn't going to help you bypass passwords.
Usually the password is stored in a way on laptops that tou can't get past it.

Its either a bios password or hard drive password. If its a hard drive password then taking out the he should get past it as a test and a new hd would fox the problem. if its a bios one you have to send it iin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS