Unknown virus on computer

AdamGrimshaw

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
bc11ad0c72.jpg

I've had this type of popup before except with the quote "press ok for mom's spaghetti" and "Thanks love you all" which popped up a couple of times. That was 2-3 weeks ago from now and I believed that I had gotten rid of the annoying virus, which this thread of course shows I did not.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Adam.

Updated: This messages also popped up -
38d078d17c.jpg
which seem to show that the virus is looking for a file in System32 which I deleted as I thought that was the cause of the virus, this file would spam upon logon and cause my computer to log out after about a minute.

AdamGrimshaw

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015

No I have not tried Malwarebytes anti malware. I have tried using AVG and avast of which both did not detect viruses. I will try the software now and see what it finds.

AdamGrimshaw

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks so much for your help videoediting. The Malwarebytes anti-malware detected 115 malware on my computer of which where hidden Google Chrome extensions and malware .dll files. I had my suspicions that the virus may be hidden within google chrome as when I opened task manager at the time of the pop-up there were no other applications open apart from google chrome. Thanks again for your solution :D