Unlock AMD AM3 4th core

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loneninja

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009

It's because Athlon II doesn't have L3 cache, some early models did because they were disabled Phenom II processors, but most Athlon II are manufactured with no L3 cache on them. It's grayed out because it doesn't exist on the processor.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008

[:isamuelson]

I forgot the OP had an Athlon. I had assumed he had a Phenom. Teaches me to read the entire thread next time! :lol:

cReed_eRos

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
@asher_pa...that's the same thing i'm getting with an athlon II x3 455...after unlocking the 4th core, it won't go pass the 800MHz/per..same picture as what you've posted..tried tweaking the voltage for the cpu but i had no success. tried updating the BIOS and disabling Cool n' Quiet as advised, still negative..we might just need to accept the fact that we're not lucky as the others when we unlock the 4th core :cry:

cReed_eRos

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
@green300..i tried doing that in the BIOS but still no go..we have the same voltage listed by "asher_pa" and can't tweak the settings in the BIOS. any thoughts on this? thanks!

cReed_eRos

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
@asher_pa...thanks for the reply on this issue sir but if you don't mind, can you give me the steps/one of the steps given by JofaMang on how you were able to resolve this issue coz i'm getting the same issue as well. thanks man!

cReed_eRos

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
@JofaMang, thanks for that very informative resolution on this. just got a question though, isn't it changing the FSB is considered as OCing? some who purchased CPUs didn't have to change anything on their BIOS unlike what happened to US that we need to tweak settings there. Will it do harm to my system (i mean component wise). thanks!

cReed_eRos

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
800MHz?? this doesn't change even if you're in FULL LOAD? what is the FSB that you used to solve the issue? 750 - 1000? thanks! just very eager to resolve this issue...thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.