Solved! unlock code needed for AT&T iphone 7 to use with t-mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2018
bought an AT&T iphone 7 on letgo. I'm a sucker as the guy told me he would get the unlock code for the the next day. of course, he blocked me. Turns out it is blacklisted for whatever reason. I need to use it on tmobile. I've tried unlocking services which say that AT&T won't give them the unlock code. any suggestions?

Jun 4, 2018
its depends on your model also as i know so far there is two model of Iphone 7 compatible to change the carrier

iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus from AT&T (Model #A1778) and (Model #A1784)

Thanks.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
years ago you could jailbreak the iphone and then unlock it to work on tmobile pretty easily. have not looked into it for years but this may still be an option for you.

i'm sure some google searching along those lines will verify if it is still an option. otherwise you're at the mercy of at&t to unlock it for you or not.

Jun 4, 2018

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
jailbreaking never unlocked the phone.

but once it was jailbroken, you could then install a script that would unlock it and set-up the network info to work with t-mobile. i have not had a reason to do this in years but it was very easy to do the last time i did it. pretty sure it was an iphone 5(s?) that i last did this to. figured it would be worth looking into in case it is still possible to do.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That phone was likely blacklisted for a reason (stolen/lost). That being the case, we should not be offering assistance.

Also, beware tools/apps that claim to unlock the phone. They will NOT work. You will waste time and money chasing a solution that doesn't exist.

Closing this now and removing the BA (not really an answer).

Status
Not open for further replies.