I have a Lenovo Z50 on Windows 10 and recently I was using it when it crashed and when I tried to start it up again it took a lot longer than normal on the loading screen before giving me the option to enter my password or anything then it came up with a blue screen saying UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME and restarted. After that it showed the normal loading screen but with preparing automatic repair underneath and after a minute the screen went black and I don't know if this is just it repairing and if so how long would this normally take? And if it isn't repairing what do I need to do?
P.S. I'm not very good with computer terms so if there is a simpler answer please could give that.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps suggested by Lenovo Support site.
- First is to load the laptop in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode.
- In Safe Mode search for Command Prompt and once opened type in CHKDSK /R then press Enter.
- It will take a while to finish the scan or fix but once finished reboot your laptop and see if it will load normally.
- Your last option if all these will not work is to reinstalling Windows using your factory reset disc.
- Here's how to perform a Factory Reset: https/support.lenovo.com/ph/en/documents/ht071861