Unplug laptop while it's off

cazetoG

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
Hello.
I just wonder. Should I unplug the power on my laptop while it's turned off? I own a Lenovo Y50.

Cheers - Simon

Solution
Should be fine.

Just make sure that Lenovo's battery management software does not allow the battery to charge to 100% unless you manual override it. Allowing the battery to be near a full charge for a prolonged period of time can actually decrease the battery's capacity. It's related to a chemical reaction that take place when the battery has a high charge. Most laptops have a power manager program install that only allows the battery to be charged to anywhere between 50% and 80% unless you override it manually.

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
It's fine to leave it plugged in, as long as it's not at risk of the power port coming under stress like falling off a table or being shoved against a wall. If it's going in a bag, unplug it.

Should be fine.

Just make sure that Lenovo's battery management software does not allow the battery to charge to 100% unless you manual override it. Allowing the battery to be near a full charge for a prolonged period of time can actually decrease the battery's capacity. It's related to a chemical reaction that take place when the battery has a high charge. Most laptops have a power manager program install that only allows the battery to be charged to anywhere between 50% and 80% unless you override it manually.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS