Unreal Engine 3 iOS 'Infinity Blade' Coming Dec. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
looks like the UDK (not a bad thing at all), i only wish i had an iphone to play it... but i don't like apple. HELP ME!!

usfs

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
idk about anyone else but i wouldn't mind getting Fallout or Fallout 2 for the Ipod or any phone. I would just never be bored well busing or walking places again.

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
If they could make a game like that look THAT good on smartphone hardware.. imagine what it would look like on a PC if they put the same resources and optimizations into it! I think we are all getting gibbed.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
The graphics are pretty intense, but I'm still not sold on pure touch-screen gaming. It just feels like games have to be dumbed down somewhat to be played without buttons, or any real sort of tactile response. I don't know about the iPad - I suppose it's possible that the extra screen real estate could improve that - but the idea of playing a game like that on my iPhone doesn't seem that great. Withholding final judgment until the game is released though.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]terror112[/nom]If they could make a game like that look THAT good on smartphone hardware.. imagine what it would look like on a PC if they put the same resources and optimizations into it! I think we are all getting gibbed.[/citation]

This will be an on-rail game. Myst was beautiful in 1993 because it was on-rail... The gameplay will be another thing.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]The graphics are pretty intense, but I'm still not sold on pure touch-screen gaming. It just feels like games have to be dumbed down somewhat to be played without buttons, or any real sort of tactile response. I don't know about the iPad - I suppose it's possible that the extra screen real estate could improve that - but the idea of playing a game like that on my iPhone doesn't seem that great. Withholding final judgment until the game is released though.[/citation]

Like they were to be played by a controller...

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Okay all seems fine but how do you control the game play ?
Wifi mouse or bluetooth mouse ?
Surely the screen is small / cramped and engaging the enemy by touching the screen might be a issue ?
Looks very nice and the price is right, offline play or online only with capped data plans ?

Is the online play on a subnet so data is not counted or $10 extra per month on contract for unlimited online game play low data usage ?

PS> my Samsung can connect to the tv screen can you do the same with the iPhone to get more viewable area + how long will the battery last playing this and cpu / gpu max loads ?

howiejcee

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Cool, now let's see some benchmarks baby.

id SW's Rage looks pretty darn good though, so I have faith in that their game for iOS can top Epic Games' or at least be on par.

nologo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]This will be an on-rail game. Myst was beautiful in 1993 because it was on-rail... The gameplay will be another thing.[/citation]

no tommy...please do research before you speak..epic citadel is not on rails..and its using the same engine.

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
OMG!!! I just watched the youtube demo. I WILL have this on my iPhone on 12/9. I will never be bored wile standing in line again.

Status
Not open for further replies.