Unwanted contacts in Android search

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I recently added another SIM in my S duos for some time & then removed it. Now when I see my contact list, it is same as usual. But on search for specific contact unwanted contacts from the SIM i inserted earlier show up. How to remove them without factory reset or account deletion on google

Solution
It sounds as if the contacts from the SIM have copied over to the phone when put in the device (due to the contacts being stored on the SIM).

They are not showing because the SIM is not in the device at the time, but in search because they are on the phone. There must be a settings issue which is stopping them from being displayed.

The easiest solution is to delete each contact individually as you find it through search.

Alternatively, log into your contacts via a web browser at https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts and see if they are listed in there for mass deletion.

Gaz Parkinson

Estimable
Apr 24, 2014
Is there a setting in the contacts that allows you to show each individual SIM or not? There is usually a setting to turn on/off SIM contacts, but on a dual SIM phone does each SIM have the on/off option?

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
This is not a case of dual sim. In detail:
I was already using both of my sims on S Duos.
My friends phone battery goes low so he asks to remove one of my dual sim.
In place of one of my sim I inserted his sim into my phone for time being.
there came a few calls on his sim while it was in my phone.
My phone in the meantime was connected to the internet.
I didn't do anything like copying contacts or even checking sms on his sim. Only calls.
After an hour or so when he got his phone charged I gave him back his sim
Put back my second sim back in the phone.
Now when i see my contact list there are none of his contacts in the list with all shown.
But when i search for a contact his sim contacts also show up out of nowhere.
Since they are not in contact or log how come they show up only on name search
How to remove them!!! Help needed urgently....

Gaz Parkinson

Estimable
Apr 24, 2014
It sounds as if the contacts from the SIM have copied over to the phone when put in the device (due to the contacts being stored on the SIM).

They are not showing because the SIM is not in the device at the time, but in search because they are on the phone. There must be a settings issue which is stopping them from being displayed.

The easiest solution is to delete each contact individually as you find it through search.

Alternatively, log into your contacts via a web browser at https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts and see if they are listed in there for mass deletion.

Solution