Up to 1500$~ for a gaming laptop

jbrannan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
1_What is your budget? Up to $1500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.4 +

3_What screen resolution do you want? I'm using 1024*768 at the moment which seems okay, would higher be better for gaming?

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? Don't mind

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Anything on the market preferably (though not necessarily with everything on high for 1500$ I guess...)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.) Web surfing, music, watching movies (on TV?)

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 150-200gb+, though not a top priority I guess

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Doesn't matter

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 1 year

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I'm completely open to your suggestions, but gaming is my priority

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. None, again, completely open to your suggestions

13_What country do you live in? I'm from the UK, but living in Turkey at the moment. I don't mind buying online and waiting (though unsure how taxes etc would work in this kinda situation)

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom :)

jbrannan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Reviews seem nice for it. Is www.xoticpc.com the only place to get it from though? Not sure how easy getting it shipped from the US to Turkey may be... :(

frozenlead

Distinguished
The 9600GT is nowhere near as powerful as the 9800GTX, but that HP is only running a 1280x800 screen.

There are lots of places that sell Clevo/Sager notebooks, though. I'm sure you can find one that ships to turkey.

jbrannan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells them over here but thinking maybe they are rebranded for international sale? Maybe there is some Turkish equivalent though not sure how I could find that out. I found one that can ship over, but an extra 260$ + taxes for it...

TRENDING THREADS