Upgrade laptop screen to an FHD one

Ostheer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello,

I bought myself a Dell XPS 15 (L502x) a year ago, and I then thought the difference between HD-ready and Full-HD wouldnt be that noticeable, but it truly is.
So i was thinking about getting myself a new panel from some random webshop like notebookscreen.com and then replace my old panel with the new FHD one.
I have been searching for some good advice for this but couldn't find anything really trustworthy, so the question is: Will this work?
The Graphics adapter is a Nvidia GT 540M so it is certainly powerful enough, the ultimate proof for that is that Dell distributes XPS'es with that GPU and FHD screens.

Specs of the new panel I had in mind (lap topscreen . com /English / model/ D ell/X PS~ 15~L502 X/) :

> Compatibility: Dell XPS 15 L502X 40 pin Video connector

> Size: 15.6-inch WideScreen (13.6"x7.6")

> Resolution: WUXGA (1920x1080) Full HD

> Type: Glossy Backlight type: LED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope someone out there has an answer to my question!
Thanks in advance,

Ostheer

Ostheer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Thanks for your reply,
my only final doubt is that the connection cable/connectors of the two panels differ, but I actually don't think they do for the same mobo and GPU are being used for either the factory FHD and HD-ready models.

Ostheer

TRENDING THREADS