Upgrade my gpu

Doge_f

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
I bought a Dell inspiron 5559 a few days back.
It has a terrible 4gb r5 m355 gpu and cannot run any new games even at the lowest setting.I would like to know if i can upgrade it to any higher end gpu.
my specs are:i7-6500U,16 GB,2tb hard disk,AMD Radeon R5 M335 4GB

Charlie A

Estimable
Mar 20, 2016
I disagree, some laptops can upgrade GPU or even add a GPU if the motherboard has space, you should consult a laptop repair store and see what options they have. They will have to take a look at the motherboard and go from there.

I would also try over clocking your laptop as long as the room is cool and ideally the laptop is well ventilated, maybe even buy a laptop cooler, I would also download a software to check the clock speed of your components to see if they're working to their best. I am going through a similair situation and would like to know how you get on. PM me, I'd like to share insight, I have a Lenovo G505S.

Doge_f

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

But i have a dedicated gpu and not an integrated one,i have read that you can upgrade dedicated ones!

Doge_f

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
I have two GPU in my laptop,one is intel's HD something..and the other one is amd r5 m335.so I'm pretty sure mine is a dedicated one.

Charlie A

Estimable
Mar 20, 2016

If you've just bought one why would you want to upgrade straight away? Just return it save the hassle.