Upgrade to a Logitech Z906 from a Z623?

Cheenki

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hey guys,

Just wondering if it's worth upgrading to the Logitech Z906, I like to watch movies and game a lot and especially listen to music with good bass in it. :)

Thanks, Cheenki.

Solution
Z906 and Z623 are awesome for movies and game but not that awesome for music.
It is only good in music, not awesome.

Z906 is 5.1 system and Z623 is 2.1 system, if you put the 5.1 and 2.1 channel topic/differences aside, both have quite similar sound quality.
Z906 is the better solution for games and movies since it is 5.1 system but quite a lot more expensive.
For a 5.1 system, try to think were you should place the surround satellites before buying. If you can not find any suitable places, I would say get/keep the Z623 2.1 system.
Placing is the bigger issue for 5.1 systems.

Z906 is a nice upgrade to Z623 from gaming and movie point of view, if you can solve the speaker placement issue.
You will like the better surround sound in...

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Z906 and Z623 are awesome for movies and game but not that awesome for music.
It is only good in music, not awesome.

Z906 is 5.1 system and Z623 is 2.1 system, if you put the 5.1 and 2.1 channel topic/differences aside, both have quite similar sound quality.
Z906 is the better solution for games and movies since it is 5.1 system but quite a lot more expensive.
For a 5.1 system, try to think were you should place the surround satellites before buying. If you can not find any suitable places, I would say get/keep the Z623 2.1 system.
Placing is the bigger issue for 5.1 systems.

Z906 is a nice upgrade to Z623 from gaming and movie point of view, if you can solve the speaker placement issue.
You will like the better surround sound in games and movies with Z906.
For music, nothing will really change.

Solution

Cheenki

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

Thanks for the reply guanyu210379, but in terms of bass is the Z906 significantly better or just slightly better?

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I heard Z906 on the shop, the bass is only slightly better in my opinion and not a WOW better.
The big upgrade is more from the surround sound side.
OK, I have to confess, I set the bass on my Z623 and my bro's Z906 only about half way..not full...I do not want to kill anyone with full subwoofer settings on those 2 systems.

ah, I am using Z623 for PC but my bro use Z906 in his living room.
I have a real 5.1 Nubert NuBox loudspeaker home theater speakers with Yamaha receiver in the living room.
Z906 overall sound quality is waaaaaaay waaaaay below 5.1 NuBox set, for music, movies and gaming (PS4). check here www.nubert.de

Cheenki

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

Haha thanks for the reply once again ! I guess i'll just keep my z623 for now, it's providing me with more than enough sound and bass for my music :) Maybe in the future i'll go for a 5.1 surround sound approach when i have a better room structure ! Thanks again :D

if you're in the market for a z906, it might be worth just spending a bit more and taking the plunge into home theater speakers.

not sure where you're located in the world, but for usa the energy take classic 5.1 for $300 or monoprice 10565 for $220 (off-brand set almost identical to energys) paired up with a receiver will give you far better sound than the z906 at just a bit additional cost (the cost of the receiver you would need to buy).

if you wanted to keep with a 2.1 or 2.0 based setup but wanted to upgrade, for the money you could get a really nice pair of bookshelf speakers and amplifier or stereo receiver which would blow the z623 away.

pc speakers really cannot compete with hifi/home theater speakers and equipment.