Question Upgraded graphics card with low resolution screen

Oct 19, 2020
My company's tech company got me a new laptop and I asked for a better graphics card for a program I run. They got me a better graphics card but the screen resolution won't support it. I have a Dell Precision 3520, i5 with an Nvideo Quadro M620. Is it possible to change out that screen or is it possible to get a portable monitor?

Not sure what you mean about the screen resolution won't support it, are you saying the native resolution of the screen is not correct or you want a higher resolution screen than what it came with? It should have a full 1080 HD screen, does it not run at that? Portable monitor as in one that runs on it's own power? There are USB screens but they are not for heavy usage since they run of pretty basic video drivers.

Oct 19, 2020
Not sure what you mean about the screen resolution won't support it, are you saying the native resolution of the screen is not correct or you want a higher resolution screen than what it came with? It should have a full 1080 HD screen, does it not run at that? Portable monitor as in one that runs on it's own power? There are USB screens but they are not for heavy usage since they run of pretty basic video drivers.

The native resolution of my screen does not support 1080 HD. So a portable screen won’t work, what about changing the laptop screen or do I need to get a separate 1080 HD monitor?