Upgrading Acer Aspire e5 573g 52g3 Motherboard?

Aug 15, 2018
I do casual gaming (LoL, Fortnite, RB6, etc) and what sprung me to get a couple upgrades was that it randomly slowed down hardcore, Fortnite would barely run (though there wasn't ever any lag on low graphics settings), and league was buggy.. So I did a reset (keeping files) and when I did that and cleaned a bunch of software out I opened fortnite and now its unplayable from stuttering lag. I have the game port warded getting around 10-15 ping, I have good internet speed and a great router so it has to be the computer.

*Pardon the ignorance*(I'm new to any type of hardware upgrading)

I have the Acer Aspire e5 573g 52g3.

I have just ordered 16GB of Gskill Ram (2x8 @1600), and a 250 GB SSD (Crucial)to put in it.

I found the motherboard out of the Acer Aspire e5 573g which is the model with an I7 in it (instead of my lightning fast I5 clocking in at a WHOPPING 2.2mhz).

So my question is, is the MOBO a simple plug and play swap?

(I found https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Aspire-E5-573-Intel-UMA-i7-5500U-Motherboard-DA0ZRTMB6D0-NB-MVH11-004/382505038984?hash=item590f13b488:g:zIoAAOSwq4VbNRYW and others like it)

I just figure its a cheaper route to get better performance, ill build my own laptop one day, but due to finances, it wont be today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jimi.friess Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 7
C Laptop Tech Support 1