Upgrading Laptop Battery For My Alien-ware Laptop

Soulreaper005

Estimable
May 11, 2015
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/13087792190/configuration
here is my current alienware laptop. I was wondering what i would need to search for to find a bigger laptop battery. Or if i can even upgrade the laptop battery. Also i have a problem, when unplugged from the power cord i made it so that it sticks with performance over battery life and it still lags in games. I have chosen the dedicated GPU to be used even when not plugged in but i think the computer is either ignoring it or is down clocking my gpu. EIther way i was wondering if there was a fix for this. I dont care about burning through my battery because i know it will go through it quick.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
sorry,no way to change the specs for the battery.if you are experiencing lags its unlikely to be the battery unless its getting weak and not holding a charge.if this is the case you would be needing a replacement battery..

Soulreaper005

Estimable
May 11, 2015
I'm only lagging when not plugged into the wall and that is because my laptop automatically turns its performance down to save battery life. I don't need a new battery I was just wondering if I was able to get a bigger one

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013

no,there is no option for a bigger battery.have you tried changing the power settings? control panel>power options>select high performance.if you dont see it select show additional plans.

Soulreaper005

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Yes i did and i checked on the GPU activity meter to see what programs were using my GPU while it was on battery power and i had a game running. The graphics card is getting used and i have High performance chosen in the Control panel and in Nvidia control panel. I believe there is some sort of cap on the clock of the GPU or something...another note it would NOT go past 30 fps in the game no matter what i changed so maybe it is also capping the GPU to render 30fps ...