Upgrading Laptop CPU Even Though CPU is Soldered

Aedan929

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi, I have a Dell Inspirion 3541 AMD A6 model laptop. The motherboard from what I believe is dead because it will power up and all but it won't charge at all. It will run off of the PSU but thats it. I Replaced everything related to charging the laptop and no positive result. So I am wondering since ill be replacing my motherboard could I just upgrade it with a better intel CPU since they are soldered on to their own mobo? Outside of the motherboard I believe everything is the same hardware other than the upgraded SSD I put in it.

Solution

No you can't.
Aside from the near impossibility of the physical soldering, the laptop motherboard and BIOS won't accept anything AMD better or different.

And to Intel? Not even remotely possible...

USAFRet

Illustrious

No you can't.
Aside from the near impossibility of the physical soldering, the laptop motherboard and BIOS won't accept anything AMD better or different.

And to Intel? Not even remotely possible.

Swapping in an Intel motherboard in place of the current AMD? Unlikely. Laptop motherboards are not interchangeable like desktop boards are. Each is designed to fit that particular case.

Solution