Upgrading laptop Ghz

Luke Xavi

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
Hello , i am having trouble in playing resident evil 6 games in which video is crackling when i am aiming at the enemies . So i thought to upgrade its Ghz from 1.5 ghz to 2.4 ghz its a dual core processor. Here is my laptop details :-

Asus X Series X53E-SX997D Laptop (Snow White)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model K53E
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz, 1500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2
Logical Processor(s)
Hard disk 320GB
Graphic Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 3000 (Core i3/i5/i7)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K53E.219, 3/6/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6

Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.78 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.89 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.03 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.10 GB
Page File Space 2.25 GB

I am thinking of changing its processor to dual core 2.4 Ghz. so i need your suggestion which processor would be better for my laptop :(

Solution
Laptops are not like desktops where you can upgrade CPUs readily.

Because you have a low end processor, you can really only stay in the low end of the spectrum which provides no significant boost. And technically while a CPU might fit into a socket, there's absolutely no guarantee it will work and chances are high that you're just wasting money.

In the realm of laptops, the only things you can readily upgrade are the RAM and HDD. If you want something more you'll have to buy your way into a new laptop.

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished
Laptops are not like desktops where you can upgrade CPUs readily.

Because you have a low end processor, you can really only stay in the low end of the spectrum which provides no significant boost. And technically while a CPU might fit into a socket, there's absolutely no guarantee it will work and chances are high that you're just wasting money.

In the realm of laptops, the only things you can readily upgrade are the RAM and HDD. If you want something more you'll have to buy your way into a new laptop.

Solution

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished

The CPU the OP has is a PGA type apparently so it COULD be replaced. However, it is not recommended since there's no guarantee the replacement would even function correctly.