Upgrading My Old Laptop

Manan_Cool

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
I own a Compaq Presario C700. I want to mod it, or basically, to renew it. What mods would you suggest me to get better performance out of this old Laptop?

RAM: 2 GB DDR2
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Motherboard: N/A
Graphics: Intel Graphics

Mods like using 120 MM fans for cooling and others are appreciated. Use your creativity and tell me as soon as possible.

Thank you all.

Solution

What you should do is open the laptop up, clean out any and all dust out of it, so the cooler can work properly, then instead of hotgluing a fan to it which is dangerous to your fingers and easy to damage you buy something like this:

http://smile.amazon.com/HAVIT-HV-F2056-Laptop-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B00NNMB3KS/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462159360&sr=1-6&keywords=laptop+cooling+pad

Which will cool the laptop more if you need it.

That said the Laptop is old enough I wouldn't spend much more than that pad on it (plus you can use it for a future laptop). There really is no other upgrade path for it.

USAFRet

Illustrious
"Mods"? None.
There is no extra space inside a laptop to squeeze in a 120mm fan. Nor is there a connection to power it.

It is what it is. Use it, repurpose it, or replace it.
Or give it to someone who would otherwise be without a PC.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

What would be the point of hotgluing a fan to it? The processor can't be overclocked, and if you did overclock it you're limited by its built in cooler.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

What you should do is open the laptop up, clean out any and all dust out of it, so the cooler can work properly, then instead of hotgluing a fan to it which is dangerous to your fingers and easy to damage you buy something like this:

http://smile.amazon.com/HAVIT-HV-F2056-Laptop-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B00NNMB3KS/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462159360&sr=1-6&keywords=laptop+cooling+pad

Which will cool the laptop more if you need it.

That said the Laptop is old enough I wouldn't spend much more than that pad on it (plus you can use it for a future laptop). There really is no other upgrade path for it.

Solution