Upgrading Pavilion G6 2270dx

epyToTwoHtogroF

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
I opened up my laptop recently to clean it up and replace the heatsink fan which has seemed to finally fail on me, And while doing so I was wondering if I could improve it while it's open?

So what I had in mind is does anyone know if I can upgrade the processor and what is the max I'll be able to upgrade the ram to? Should I look for a certain socket type or can my laptop processor be upgraded at all?

Another thing that came to mind but I don't think is possible but I figured i'd ask is if there is any way to upgrade the graphics through a graphics card? I don't see anywhere I could put one but again figured I'd ask.

Update: After looking at the manual this was on the list : http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-A10-4600M is this actually possible to be used in my laptop? Current processor is a AMD A6-4400M.

Solution
You might be able to upgrade the processor if the Bios would allow it. You would need to contact HP to find this out. Going to the 4600M would be little improvement and not worth it IMO. The graphics are built into the APU, so upgrading the graphics can only be done by changing it. Your laptop supports up to 8 GB's of RAM, so you could add another stick. The best upgrade would be adding an SSD.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
You might be able to upgrade the processor if the Bios would allow it. You would need to contact HP to find this out. Going to the 4600M would be little improvement and not worth it IMO. The graphics are built into the APU, so upgrading the graphics can only be done by changing it. Your laptop supports up to 8 GB's of RAM, so you could add another stick. The best upgrade would be adding an SSD.

Solution