Uplay is downloading at very slow speed

Aiden2k13

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hey guys, I dont remember if I have posted a similar thread like this , but it started happening again. Again Uplay is downloading game updates at slow speed. My Speed is 2 MBPS and it is downloading at 35-40 KBPS. I am trying to download Assassin's Creed Black Flag MP Updates and it is horribly slow , downloading @ 35-40 KBPS.
I get 2 MBPS in Steam and ORIGIN but why not in Uplay ? I don't have any other downloads ON , just Uplay...

Can anyone help ?

Aiden2k13

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

I have unlimited bandwith so it doesnt matter how much I download the speed wont decrease. And yes I have asked Uplay and they says its my ISP's fault....-_- where as I am getting perfect speed in Steam and Origin and in other things.

Another thing , I have Assassins Creed Brotherhood , Assassins Creed Revelations and Assassins Creed Black Flag in Uplay , then can I also buy those in steam ? then How will launch and play the game in steam ? I mean I want to play AC BF from steam after purchasing in steam and I also have the game in Uplay, is there any way to disable the game in Uplay and play it from Steam ?
I know I need a Uplay account.

Uplay probably don't know whether its a server problem. Tom's doesn't know that the server that gets me here keeps clagging up. But I bet that's what it is. You might find its more clagged up at certain times of the day.

I don't know why you've mixed up your accounts like that. I think you can have accounts with both Steam and Uplay. You just have to pay twice.

Steffenbk1

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Hello
so i do believe i have found a solution to this problem as i encountered this my self. So i saw that i was set on automatic proxy type. The thing that i did to fix it was to set it to forced proxy type in the network settings in uplay.

Gabriel Eduardo

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014

Hello there!. I have the exact same problem. Could you tell me how do you do that?. Thanks in advance

vonkeebler

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015

I fixed it myself as well. I found that the bandwidth limiter was defaulted to 128kbs. No idea how that happened as I didn't ever change it. So see if that's what's wrong in your case. Settings>Download>bar at bottom of that page.

bernardblack

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
I know it has been 2 years since your problem, but there are some server issues with this, too. I have 50Mb download package that tops out at 3.5Mbps download speeds. Uplay is the only service that isn't constant in my download speeds, as it constantly will shift from as low as 600Kbps, then average out at about 1.1Mbps, and bounce back up to 3.5Mbps, drop down to 2.5Mbps and then back as low as 600Kbps. It will juggle these speeds randomly for a couple hours --t's rather annoying. However, Steam will at least maintain a constant. Even if that speed isn't quite my max and it sit at a rather locked speed. I verified the bandwidth settings in Uplay and alleged it is already set to unlimited.

bgalloway1986

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
I have two things that I found fixed my issue with this.

One is to please remember that the speed that it show's you in the UPlay Downloads screen is in MB(MegaBytes). This is different from what your IPS tells you your speed is. The ISP will use something called Mb(MegaBits). 5MB roughly equates to 40Mb.

Second is to adjust the UPlay Settings/LAN Proxy Settings for your PC.
- Go into the UPlay Settings
- Click Network on the list from the left hand side of the options.
- Click on Change Proxy Settings (This will bring up a new window)
- Click on LAN settings
- Uncheck the top box labeled "Automatically detect settings"

This should fix your issue.

avidsexualoffender

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

I just tried this but the window doesn't open (Change Proxy Settings) , although windows like the key activation windows open fine.