USA Teaching 8-Year-Olds How to Be Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Outrageous. Teaching kids how to fight the criminals of the future? Why not instructing them on ethics and moral values, and then NOT having to fight such a thing?

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]gerchokas[/nom]Outrageous. Teaching kids how to fight the criminals of the future? Why not instructing them on ethics and moral values, and then NOT having to fight such a thing?[/citation]
Out of all the bad things that have happened in this world, do you honestly believe that the people who committed them were not taught morals or ethics?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Good stuff. These kids might grow up to be better than the current generation of iLosers, cloudRetards, virusophobiamaniacs and rejects who answer "Google" or "Yahoo" when asked what *program* do they use to browse the Internet. I wish I had that kind of learning opportunity when I was their age... still, things went better than they could for me =) Very nice.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]Out of all the bad things that have happened in this world, do you honestly believe that the people who committed them were not taught morals or ethics?[/citation]

Actually yes. That's a huge reason why they commit these acts in the first place, because no one told that it was not right to do them. Kids learn early on by watching adults and if no adult tells them otherwise that's what they do.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Lock picking? They are training hacker/burglar.
Why not also train them hand-to-hand combat as well? make it hacker/burglar/hitman.
Train also stealth and disguise, make it hacker/burglar/hitman/rogue = spy.
Train also alphabet and math, make it hacker/burglar/hitman/rogue/teacher = FBI.

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]Out of all the bad things that have happened in this world, do you honestly believe that the people who committed them were not taught morals or ethics?[/citation]

I get your point, but as Trialsking says, It's not what you learn at school, nor a loose word that your parents may have said some time. Ethics and morals are a deep part of the culture, something you "develop" when you grow up.

"Would you steal something from a shop if there was noobody there, and you were sure that nobody would notice?"

Asking yourself that kind of question maturely, is how i believe you realize if you've learned about ethics..

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
I agree I wish i could join in on this. I think its a great idea. Similar to teaching kids how to defend themselves in martial arts against pedo's and the like. Trying to hide the kids from the problems is not responsible. For those who dont agree you can just wait in the corner for someone to take advantage of you, and then cry to obama how horrible life is and why he allowed this. lol

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
"Most of the time when people think of hacking, they think 'Oh that's a bad thing'. I want to get more people to become good hackers and to have fun doing it."

"It isn't about breaking into systems. It's about securing yourself and the people around you."

I don't think that this will disrupt morality. More like, educate people and at the same time direct their effort into doing something good. Got a problem with that? Do a barrel roll... I'm personally very supportive of teaching younger generation on how to deal with IT from young age. Maybe then, once they grow up, they'll decide on what PC/smartphone/laptop to buy by comparing specs and usability instead of going for a specific brand or design.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Children learn much faster than adults. If we can train computer gurus in the most effective future of warfare, then that's great. And to all those who think that doing this to adolescents is a form of brainwashing, how is this any different from children being forced into a religion?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Actually yes. That's a huge reason why they commit these acts in the first place, because no one told that it was not right to do them. Kids learn early on by watching adults and if no adult tells them otherwise that's what they do.[/citation]

so a terrorist killing innocents believes they are right.
the soldier killing the terrorists believe they are also right.

both sides have a reason, and both believe that if there is a god their actions are good in its eyes.

but obviously one side is wrong.

morals and ethics change from person to person.

someone who grows up in a great neighborhood will have a different set than someone who grows up in a slum

the world is a shade of gray and you dont realize that.
there is not pure black evil, or pure white good.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]Why am i jealous of these 8 year old kids.....[/citation]
because your child will be working for one of them, lol

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Children learn much faster than adults. If we can train computer gurus in the most effective future of warfare, then that's great. And to all those who think that doing this to adolescents is a form of brainwashing, how is this any different from children being forced into a religion?[/citation]

The only difference is that teaching them the concept of computers will actually be useful, while worshiping a dead jew won't.

G

Malone: If you're afraid of getting a rotten apple, don't go to the barrel. Get it off the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.