USB 3.0 ports not working in my AMD A10 laptop. Please help me!!

G

I have a HP pavilion G6-2313ax laptop and the two USB 3.0 ports are not working whereas usb2.0 port works. When i connect a pen drive it lits up but it is not recognized at al. Please do help me with the proper driver link or give the solution to make it work..

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
1) Go into Bios and see if there is a "Enable/Disable" for USB3.
2) May require a driver load/update

Normally USB ports can be setup to allow for charging device when turned off which would account for the Lite on for your pendrive.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Right click on My Computer and select properties, then select device manager. In the device manager do you see any exclamation points under the universal serial bus section when you expand it?

G

I did and under universal serial bus section i dont see any exclamation mark but under "other devices" section, there are 2 usb and both have exclamation mark!!

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
One quick solution to try is right click on the items with the exclamation points and go to properties, and update driver which will have it try and find a windows driver for it (this can be very hit or miss). Since I can't see your link if the auto driver detect method doesn't work I can't really direct you to any possible locations to manually download the correct drivers.

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
On of the reasons I do not buy HP, The other reason is that their Consumer models are at the lower end of the reliability/least user problem curve.

If you can find the chipset that provides USB functionality you can normally find updated drivers there.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

You can often times download the w7 drivers from last year's model that is the equivalent of yours (they tend to carry over much of the same hardware and the drivers usually will work).