USB Adapters !??

faisalalkusayer

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
so my PC's motherboard doesn't have a WiFi connector in it. so I bought a "Tp-link TL-WN823N" it was pretty ok priced and was really small, then a friend of mine gave me his Extra one which was a "Tp-link TL-WN721N" and was like 5 times biggers then mine, so I plugged it in did the manual installation because I don't have a CD reader and now my old USB adapter isn't working but that's fine because my new one does. but here's the issue... the new one is SLOWER than the old one.
I did a test and the old one got (15.29 Mbps) the new one got (8.87 Mbps) why??? even tho it's like 5 times bigger then my old one.

also... how do I make them faster? I have a Fiber Network so I'm kinda missing out on alot :/

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Well in your case the wise words "size isn't everything" certainly applies here. The smaller one is newer and supports 300mbps throughput rather than 150mbps on the bigger one. That said I would still expect both to perform similarly assuming your ISP provides less than 150 megabits download speed. What speeds are you paying for from your ISP.

faisalalkusayer

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

I didn't pay for the Fiber as in someone else ordered it, but I remember him saying it was either 50 MB/s or 50mbps. not sure which one tho I'm not sure. but It's most likely 50 MB/s or is it?

faisalalkusayer

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

seems like It's 50 mbps, so the 150 and 300 should be the same performance?

also another issue, after installing the driver for the new USB the older one isn't working anymore. what should I do?

EDIT1: Nvm I fixed it