USB car charger for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I need a USB adapter for my car (that I will mainly use for my Android GSIII). I have been doing some research on it and this one was rated the best by a few sources: Link

It does not give a full speed charge to android devices unless you have a charge only cable. I am OK with buying one as long as I'll get the performance I need, the fastest charge I can get from the cigarette outlet so I don't have to sit in my car for an extra hour. I like the the low profile, the double ports.

So my question is, is this the best adapter to get for Android, assuming you have the charge only cable to go with it?

Thanks.

raventerp

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012

I agree with Chelsea about Amazon and Monoprice. That's where I would go too. Let me also recommend the brand Anker. Their chargers (and batteries) are very solid products.

buffalo47

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

Were you concerned about all the IPOD and IPAD commentary - ie that it only really works with Apple products because the circuity is so different? I am looking for the best one (and have been for two years) for my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I have tried many, many chargers (as well as batteries because the battery is so bad), and have not found a charger or battery to my liking.

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

To be honest with you, yeah I was but I bought that piece with the charge only cable: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009W34X5O/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it works fantastically. I can use GPS and pandora on my phone while driving with it at 10% and it will still charge at a steady rate which, if you had the other crappy chargers, you'll know they never provide enough juice to do both. I haven't tried out charging 2 devices at once so I can't say if it truly lives up to its specs but with that charge cable for one device, it's perfect. Also I really liked the design, that thing is so low profile I could barely pull it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.