USB devise stoped recognized

All1969

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
An external USB devise stop being recognized by my laptop. When I tried to give the appropriate drivers through a stick, it gave me a blue screen,

Solution
Eventually it was turned to be the solution I`ve provided, the false was on the cable, the misbehavior of it caused the all problematic behavior. :)

All1969

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
It boots (with several attempts) since I started dealing with that problem I `ve noticed booting issues. Ever since I have downloaded all the drivers that Dell proposed (I have a Dell Inspiron 15R) and I`m trying to install the drivers that the manufacturer proposed me, but win 8.1 tells me that the program (witch installs the drivers) is incompatible.

0xBahaa

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
Alright, so we're sure it's a driver problem.
Let's work on it.
First, boot into safe mode and remove all the drivers under Universal Serial Bus (USB).
use right click > uninstall.
Also check "remove the driver from storage" if prompted.

All1969

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
I`ve just managed to get it out of the safe mode ( witch has nothing to do with the safe mode in win 7 that you proposed me ), my technician told me that it has to do with the motherboard that starts to get ruined. After I erased (uninstall) all the USBs what other have you to propose? (It steel not working)
Respectfully,
Alex.

0xBahaa

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015

After u removed all USB drivers, windows will start re-detecting and installing USB controllers drivers after reboot.
This could fix the issue.

All1969

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015

Unfortunately it installs the same Microsoft drivers, with the same result, I have the correct drivers (from the manufacturer of the USB devise) but I can`t get it to use them, it uses the Microsoft (default embedded) ones.

0xBahaa

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015

In this case, u can install the drivers manually from the files u got from the manufacturer.
Please use this pictured guide.

All1969

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015

I did this procedure many times, through the device Manager,only without approaching it through Computer Management. I followed your proposal with the same disturbing result, Ι suspect my USB cable that joins the USB device with the computer so I ordered a new one, otherwise I`ll have to load the software (application) that controls from the computer the USB device in my old laptop witch runs win 7 (that I believe will solve the problem) the only disadvantage Is that I`ll have to work with both my laptops and the old one is almost completely ruined.
Thank you anyway,
Alex.

All1969

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
Eventually it was turned to be the solution I`ve provided, the false was on the cable, the misbehavior of it caused the all problematic behavior. :)

Solution