Usb headset for tv?

nnhalo360nn

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Looking for a device (or a guide to make one) that will take or use a generic usb headset driver to work with a 3.5mm jack i have a corsair wireless headset amd a ps4 wireless head set and would like the ability to use these with a tv via 3.5mm or rca

Solution
A device you're looking for is basically a PC - only PCs (generally) have drivers for your USB headset (which has its own soundcard inside). Get a BT transmitter for your TV, and $20 BT headset from Walmart.

I don't think TV manufacturers will start supporting USB audio any day soon (and I'd be glad to be wrong).
Aug 26, 2018
I'm pretty sure if you did change it you'd loose most of the audio. USB headsets tend to be pseudo surround sound so change that to a 3.5 jack will only allow it to transmit left right audio and you'll loose most sound depth if it works at all. USB usually also provides power to the headset that a 3.5 jack can't. Basically you'd have to downgrade your headset to do it through a 3.5 jack.

nnhalo360nn

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
I figured i can use a usb spliter to get power for it but still i hate the fact that these headsets are limited to pc and ps4 only. And i dont really need surroud sound

kerberos_20

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
usb headsets use sound card, u will still need some sort of "computer" to use it
u could use some cheap chinese phone with usb headset support (usualy usb C phones got that)
and bluetooth transmitter which will u plug into that 3.5mm/rca hole(s) in tv

A device you're looking for is basically a PC - only PCs (generally) have drivers for your USB headset (which has its own soundcard inside). Get a BT transmitter for your TV, and $20 BT headset from Walmart.

I don't think TV manufacturers will start supporting USB audio any day soon (and I'd be glad to be wrong).

Solution