lutherwaffles

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
Good morning, guys.

I have an Alienware 15 laptop. I am constantly running into issues where, on Windows 10, my USB (mouse) is not recognized. I can switch it throughout all four USB ports on the laptop and it cycles through the same message.

I have gone through all of the information I can find on the internet as to how to fix this (up to going into device managers and checking the power management options). I've unplugged the power supply from the laptop and replugged it in, etc. Nothing works.

Windows 10 has been a nightmare for me. Also, as an aside, does anyone know where I can get ALL of the drivers that should be on the Alienware 15 laptop? 31 days after purchasing it, I got a BSOD and ended up having to wipe the computer, and so I feel like I lost some functionality after that point. Haven't had a BSOD since.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Solution
Do other devices work on/in the USB ports? If so the problem may not be the ports themselves but something related to the mouse. Have you tried using a different mouse to see if it is the same?

Also, when you check the drivers, did you check the mouse ones? You might want to try uninstalling the mouse drivers, rebooting the computer and they should reinstall on their own. If not, you can do it through control panel.

Also, in the time that it isn't recognizing it on any port, you may want to try troubleshooting the mouse in devices and printers.
Do other devices work on/in the USB ports? If so the problem may not be the ports themselves but something related to the mouse. Have you tried using a different mouse to see if it is the same?

Also, when you check the drivers, did you check the mouse ones? You might want to try uninstalling the mouse drivers, rebooting the computer and they should reinstall on their own. If not, you can do it through control panel.

Also, in the time that it isn't recognizing it on any port, you may want to try troubleshooting the mouse in devices and printers.

Solution

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, @lutherwaffles!

You can get all your hardware drivers from your laptop manufacturer's official website. Make sure you have the latest updates from there. You just need to select your laptop's model and then select the Drivers & Downloads menu. It can even automatically detect driver updates for your system.
Just like @webworkings mentioned, it might also be a good idea to check your mouse manufacturer's official website as well for any device-specific drivers.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted if you encounter further issues.
SuperSoph_WD