USB ports are not working

Ceviz

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
Hi

I've recently(like, two weeks ago) bought a new laptop. It's Asus K55V. Everything was working fine but a few days ago the wireless mouse I'm using stopped working, while I was playing a game. It worked again in a few minutes, so I didn't take it too seriously. But sometime later it stopped working again. For a few days it stopped working from time to time. And now it doesn't work at all. I googled my problem but couldn't find anything.

The wireless mouse is Asus WT460. But I don't think the problem is the mouse because I tried 2 other mice(one wireless, the other is not) but they didn't work, too. They work on other laptops without a problem.

This laptop's(Asus) USB ports are very tight. I had to push the mouse's(WT460) usb thing(dunno what it is called, sorry) a lot to get it connected to the usb port. I wonder if I damaged something. Because WT460 doesn't work on the other laptops.

By the way, I checked Device Manager and there are exclamation marks in the USB section.

I'm not a native English speaker, if you don't understand anything I said, please tell me, I'll try to describe better.

Michael Roberge

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Running and old Gateway laptop to power security cam (a logitech C525). Same thing happened to me. Cam started malfunctioning and then the computer gave me an alert the the cam was not recognized. After trying all 4 usb ports and finding the same results...bad. I ended up doing a system restore to 2 months back. All ports are now working again. Funny how updates are suppose to help...but not in this case. Now starts the tedious task of finding out which update I don't want in my computer...lol.
Hope this helps.