USB ports stopped working on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keller192

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 running Windows 10, which has two USB 3.0 ports on the left side of the laptop, and one USB 2.0 on the right side. I was away from my computer for a few minutes, and when I returned, the mouse I had plugged into one of the left side USBs wasn't working. Both of the 3.0 USBs are not working (I tested multiple devices), but the USB 2.0 on the right side seems to be working fine. I restarted my laptop a few times, made sure my USB drivers are up to date, and disabled/enabled all of them just in case. Any thoughts on ways to fix this problem? This image show my current drivers.

http://

Solution
Try doing a true shut down and restart. Win8 and 10 perform a a hybrid shutdown so they can start up faster. To get a true shutdown you need to hold down the shift key while you click on shutdown. While its off, remove power and battery then hold in the power button for a minute. reassemble and start it back up.

popatim

Splendid
Try doing a true shut down and restart. Win8 and 10 perform a a hybrid shutdown so they can start up faster. To get a true shutdown you need to hold down the shift key while you click on shutdown. While its off, remove power and battery then hold in the power button for a minute. reassemble and start it back up.

Solution

Viktor_13

Commendable
May 2, 2016
Had the same problem, went into the "Device Manager" and saw that the USB Root Hub (xHCl) was deactivated. I simply activated it and the USB 3.0 ports worked perfectly fine after that. Didn't seem to work for you :/ try searching for new devices after you've disabled/enabled them, under "Settings - Devices".

Status
Not open for further replies.