USB Tethering to PC consume all my data

Status
Not open for further replies.

r19001

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
I connected my phone to my PC so that I can use the data, however, within less than 30min, 2GB of my data was gone, is there a way for me to check which app or software cause this problem?

This is the 1st time I encounter this problem, I had use my data for the past few months and this never happen before, I'm using windows 10.

Solution
It's not a good idea. As soon as your PC smells an Internet conection, it runs off to your anti-virus' website for updates then does the same to Microsoft for Windows updates. As you found out the expensive way, 2GB of mobile data allowance won't last long in there.

Check your bank the next time your phone service provider dips into it - you may have gone through a lot more than 2GB in thirty minutes.
It's not a good idea. As soon as your PC smells an Internet conection, it runs off to your anti-virus' website for updates then does the same to Microsoft for Windows updates. As you found out the expensive way, 2GB of mobile data allowance won't last long in there.

Check your bank the next time your phone service provider dips into it - you may have gone through a lot more than 2GB in thirty minutes.

Solution

What were you doing during the time you had the phone connected? As above, Windows Updates can download quite a bit, especially if you have not downloaded any updates in a while. If you were streaming a movie or video, an HD movie can eat up 2 GB easily if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.