Use Bose 901 with receiver and new TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.truchon

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have Bose 901 series vi and a Denon AVR 1709 receiver. Just purchase a Sony Bravia OLED TV and I cannot make it work. Must have to do with my connections. I mean wire speaker to receiver. Audio cable from Equalizer to Receiver and then what is require from TV to receiver. I have Optical cable now but I have not sound and even the radio from the receiver is working.

Solution
Your only option for connecting the Bose EQ is to use the hybrid headphone-line level analog output of the Sony TV. That would connect to the input of the EQ. Check the TV manual on how to use this output .The output of the EQ connects to an analog input on the receiver. Use Dolby ProLogic as the surround mode. . The EQ would only work for sources connected to the TV. If you use a subwoofer that would make the Bose bass EQ undesirable.
You won't get digital surround sound this way but there is no other way of using the Bose EQ with most AV receivers unless you use a speaker to line level converter to connect to the EQ input and then the EQ output would connect to a 2 channel power amp. This way the EQ would work for all sources.
I...
Your only option for connecting the Bose EQ is to use the hybrid headphone-line level analog output of the Sony TV. That would connect to the input of the EQ. Check the TV manual on how to use this output .The output of the EQ connects to an analog input on the receiver. Use Dolby ProLogic as the surround mode. . The EQ would only work for sources connected to the TV. If you use a subwoofer that would make the Bose bass EQ undesirable.
You won't get digital surround sound this way but there is no other way of using the Bose EQ with most AV receivers unless you use a speaker to line level converter to connect to the EQ input and then the EQ output would connect to a 2 channel power amp. This way the EQ would work for all sources.
I would suggest you sell the Bose 901/EQ and get new speakers that don't need an EQ. You could use the 901 as surround speakers without the EQ.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.