Using an AC adapter with slightly different output? (Specifics inside)

Jesyth

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
Okay. No luck on the components forum which seems to be all build spec checks, so I'm giving this forum a shot, since searching has showed some similar but not quite the same questions over the years.

Last year I bought a cyberpower laptop. The details aren't important here, but the short of it is the AC adapter met a bad fate in a reclining chair last week. Cyberpower is giving me the run-around (which isn't especially surprising; I didn't buy from them for their amazing customer service) and has informed me that if I buy a new adapter from them directly it's going to be 110 dollars. That's not going to happen. They refused to provide me with any information about compatible adapters. So after a good deal of hunting around I have discovered other brands that are compatible so I don't wind up getting some cheap off brand crap that burns out or explodes (the actual brick brand/model they use evidently isn't sold in the USA and is only sold from China in bulk, so getting one that is identical isn't possible). So:

According to my old brick and the sticker on my computer I need a 120w adapter with 19.5v 6.15a output (centre positive polarity). While it's possible to find one of those, it's a lot cheaper to buy a 120w 19v 6.3a adapter (the amperage input is also slightly different but unless I'm just completely wrong I know this doesn't matter). All of the websites selling them INSIST that this is alright to use on a 19.5v 6.15a system. From what I understand this is the case, but I personally don't know enough about the tolerance range to feel 100% sure. I would prefer to get the one that's slightly different because it's considerably cheaper (it's used by a lot more companies), but since we're talking about a 1300 dollar system I don't want to blow it up over saving 30-40 bucks. Then again, if possible, it would be great to save that 30-40 bucks. So can anyone tell me if that slight difference is alright or if it could possibly harm my system? (assuming the polarity, tip, etc etc are correct).

Thanks very much for any input

Jesyth

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
I went through all of that ages ago. It's a fangbook evo, not an xplorer. So it's not there. Like I said, I have a lock on compatible batteries (the exact is from an MSI laptop if I'm remembering correctly - on my phone at the moment, not my comp with pages saved), but I'd like an answer if anyone knows regarding the voltage/current questions.
Thanks for trying to help though.

Jesyth

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
Just to be as clear as possible - as mentioned, I'm not actually looking for help finding an adapter. I have already located several of both the actual exact spec and the slightly different one.

If anyone can answer the original technical question regarding voltage and current tolerance, I would very much appreciate it.