Using ARC to connect 4 tv's to one HT amp.

Aug 22, 2018
I have 4 TV's in one room, all Samsung RVU ready (Directv tuner built in). I'm trying to connect them all to my HT Amp using the HDMI(ARC) port on the tv and the varioius hdmi inputs on my HT amp. Should this work or do the hdmi inputs need to be ARC compatible. Seems like it should work if I can plug an xbox into hdmi 1 and get sound I should be able to get sound from the TV via the hdmi ARC.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Solution
ARC is designed to save you having to run another cable from the TV to the HTS. It uses spare conductors in the HDMI cable so ARC only works on the HDMI output of the HT amp not the inputs. Even if it has more than one HDMI out only one with be ARC.
You can use the TV optical audio outputs for the other 3 TVs. If you don't have enough optical inputs you could convert optical digital to coax digital. An external optical audio switcher would work too.
ARC is designed to save you having to run another cable from the TV to the HTS. It uses spare conductors in the HDMI cable so ARC only works on the HDMI output of the HT amp not the inputs. Even if it has more than one HDMI out only one with be ARC.
You can use the TV optical audio outputs for the other 3 TVs. If you don't have enough optical inputs you could convert optical digital to coax digital. An external optical audio switcher would work too.

Solution