using broken laptop as a external cd drive

mizzhp

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
Hi, i have a issue i have 2 laptops one of them the screen is broke and the other one its noit reading any cd is there any way i can use the laptop with the broken screen as a external cd drive so i can be able to burn cds

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
If you can remote into the broken laptop, then sure you can use that drive for burning. If you didn't setup remote desktop or something like Team viewer before the screen stopped functioning then you're probably left with just option of switching the drives.

mizzhp

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
i didnt setup a remote on the broken laptop...and will the drive in the broken laptop work in the dell..it looks like 2 different sizes

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
If they look like different form factors then they probably are. Have you tried to plug in a monitor the the one with a broken screen. Frankly, external optical drives are so cheap I'm not sure why you would bother anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
livialss Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question I upgraded to win 10 with broken screen laptop now can't get external to work. Asus 2014 laptop i3 Intel
Question After got out of safe mode, broken screen laptop won't recognize external monitor
Question Acer Nitro 5 restarted when updating graphic drivers and now external monitor won’t work (screen broken)
Question Broken laptop screen wont connect to external display
Solved! Connecting external monitor to broken laptop issue(video mode not supported)
Laptop with Broken Screen Won't Connect with an External Monitor
Laptop with broken screen won't connect to external display
(tried everything) Can't connect broken laptop screen to external monitor
Viewing BIOS/recovery on external display, broken laptop screen
Broken laptop screen, but need to hook up external monitor using my tv.
I spilt water on my laptop which has a broken screen
Broken laptop screen doesn't work with hdmi
Broken Laptop Display; Using an External Monitor; Cannot Get the Right Resolution
Windows 7 laptop broken screen not showing up on monitor
Laptop screen broken, external hdmi output works, but the gpu doesn't work!
HI.I use Sony Vaio VPCSL8E laptop and it's display was broken now.I have an external moniter.How can I go to bios with the ext
Laptop broken screen - stuck on Windows 10 log-in screen and cannot use external monitor
Laptop with broken screen won't connect to external monitor. Need to tell Laptop to be in Extend mode but screen broken so I
Toshiba Satellite Laptop has broken screen (no visual) and won’t connect to external monitor
Toshiba Satellite C55t-B5230 dropped laptop, screen broken, hooked to external monitor, but it kicked the external off and I c

ASK THE COMMUNITY