Using Chrome: YouTube Videos and other video websites AUDIO garbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarkMann

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I am actually on a Desktop PC (Intel). There was no option for that, so I choose the best selection. I have Windows 10. Just today (3-15-17) Google Chrome decided not to function properly. I went on to YouTube and every video was garbled. It appeared out of sync. In some situations the video was playing in slow motion, the video would get lines through it; basically a mess.

This is what I have done so far: Reinstalled / updated audio drivers, ran security software (no threats), updated Chrome, Updated Adobe Flash (separately.) and Rebooted my computer and still every video is garbled. Although If I go to Internet Explorer, it works perfectly. Google Chrome is the issue. Any ideas on how to repair this? (Oh and before you say go to Plugins, I get an error every time. This website: chrome://pluggins/ does not exist)

Solution
Try loading Chrome without any plugins or add-ons turned on. See if it works OK then. If it does, you need to determine which one is causing the issue.

You may also want to clear the cache and history. Which, if you are like a lot of people and don't do this often and rely on being auto logged in to sites, etc., then save that information somewhere (passwords, etc.,) before you do the clearing out. Chrome keeps every darn thing and can really clog things up over time.
Try loading Chrome without any plugins or add-ons turned on. See if it works OK then. If it does, you need to determine which one is causing the issue.

You may also want to clear the cache and history. Which, if you are like a lot of people and don't do this often and rely on being auto logged in to sites, etc., then save that information somewhere (passwords, etc.,) before you do the clearing out. Chrome keeps every darn thing and can really clog things up over time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.