Using Only External Display, Turning Off 8 Beeps Issue/Warning without connecting Internal Monitor??

KaelEl

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hi,

I recently unhooked my Laptop's (Dell N5010) Monitor n decided to use only my External one. It keeps Beeping (i know its for Display problems) n since am only using my external monitor, is there a way to turn the beeping off without connecting my internal/default monitor??

Please Help.

Are you physically removing the attached display or just disconnecting it from the motherboard?

If it is the latter, then it would be simpler to leave it connected, but set up the system to only use the external one. This would stop the beeping.

Now if you have actually physically removed the attached display completely, then I can't say how to stop it.

KaelEl

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017

Thank u for replying, Sir. I disconnected the display ribbon n two other connecting the display next to the wireless card.

To fully explain it, my Studio XPS got fried so i started using this Dell n5010 but its display is cracked so i just connected an external monitor. Earlier this week i formatted n installed windows 10 on the n5010 but ran into a BSOD (atikmpag/dag.sys error), i fixed it (just renamed the system files) but had to enter through safe mode, given that the screen was cracked n Fn+F1 wasnt working, i physically disconnected the Monitor part from the laptop to do so. The beeps started then since the machine wasn't detecting its native display.

Its that, every time i installed the Display Drivers, i would run into the BSOD error. I even formatted n installed Windows 8.1 since the display hardware didn't have any official windows 10 driver but the problem continued, my display driver is stuck in Basic Microsoft Display Adapter n every time i try to install the AMD Radeon driver i get the bsod error.

The beeping is just a minor problem compared to this tbh, is there a way i can successfully install the Display Drivers without getting the error?? i can reconnecting the cracked display unit n that might fix the beeping but can u please help me on how to install the drivers, sir??

I would be highly obliged n very grateful.

KaelEl

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017

Using Windows Update : Failed
Using AMD, Driver Utility/Talent n similar program Scans : Failed
Manual DL n Install : Failed

All leads to BSOD. :/ Thats the main reason am seeking assistance here.