using the discrete gpu and adding another ram

sonictwester

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I have hp ba002ne with 2 gpus r4 and r5 430m , cpu-z and resident evil 5 benchmark are not reading the r5 430m so how to activate it and another question can I add another 4gb ram?

Solution
Go Here.

Where is says, "Go directly to the software and driver results", click the GO button. This should detect your current OS and provide you with the correct drivers for your device.

Across from where it says Drivers-Graphics, click the Plus sign button to expand the list of drivers. You will only need to download and install the latest (most recent release date) driver available. If you already have this driver installed, then it may be a discrete graphics card fault or just the way CPU-Z and RE:5 Benchmark work. There's no reason for either to not detect the R5-430M.

I'd also recommend checking HWINFO64 to see if that detects it.

-Wolf sends

sonictwester

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

i downloaded the crimson programe v17.1 and when i downloaded v17.2 win10 said a 16 bit app so i couldnt use it

Go Here.

Where is says, "Go directly to the software and driver results", click the GO button. This should detect your current OS and provide you with the correct drivers for your device.

Across from where it says Drivers-Graphics, click the Plus sign button to expand the list of drivers. You will only need to download and install the latest (most recent release date) driver available. If you already have this driver installed, then it may be a discrete graphics card fault or just the way CPU-Z and RE:5 Benchmark work. There's no reason for either to not detect the R5-430M.

I'd also recommend checking HWINFO64 to see if that detects it.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Looking at the specs for your system, I did not see that there was any limit (I'm sure there is, but...) to how much RAM you could have installed. Your best bet would be to open the RAM cover on the underside of your laptop and see if there is a secondary slot. If so, you should be able to install an additional 4GB RAM module.

Just watch out for overheating. That's how my Dell laptop died.

-Wolf sends

sonictwester

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

I have an extra slot but my cpu is single channel so if i added another 4gb ram would it be 8gb ram?

sonictwester

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

thank you very much for your answer and i guss i should wait and buy 8 gb ram and avoid the heat issue

Just a bit of my history here so you have a clear picture of my experience (and ONLY my experience).

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop that was running Windows XP on 2GB of DDR2 RAM. After installing SP3, I felt that the system was too sluggish, so I purchased and installed a second 2GB DDR2 RAM module. After that, the system ran perfectly fine for a couple of years. The system was never intended for high-end gaming. It's main purpose was more for software development and testing and as I said, it ran fine for a couple of years.

One day, I powered it up and ran into a memory fault error. On the Dell laptops, that more of a flashing lights code, but some research told me that a memory module had an error. Testing both memory chips in the first slot, both worked just fine. Testing both, one in each slot gave me the error again. I then deemed by second memory slot had failed (probably due to heat).

By this time, I was mostly done with my software development and testing and was really only using the system for finances and as an emulator. It ran just fine for those uses for another couple of years until, finally, the primary RAM slot failed. Whether this was due to heat of just an eventual motherboard failure, I don't know. I suspect the first slot failure did enough damage to make the second slot failure, inevitable, but I can't be sure.

I'm not saying this WILL happen to you. I'm not even saying this is typical of adding RAM to laptops. I'm just saying this was my experience and to watch out for it.

-Wolf sends

sonictwester

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

actualy thats why i like disktop pcs more than the laptops but upgrading the pc is more expinsive in my country thats why i bought a low end laptop so i should wait and upgrade my disktop thanks for your replay and i hope you dont face the same problem again