Using the left overs of an audio system.

nickakis

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Hello, I have a Logitech Z523 system and the speaker that controls the volume and the bass is dead (actually something on the PCB of it is dead not the actual speaker) and I wanted to know how can I use the left over speaker and the subwoofer, as the main speaker that turns on everything is dead... The main speaker connects to the subwoofer with a 9 pin connector that looks like a VGA not sure how it's called. Thanks in advance.

Solution
RS-232 (Serial) connector is my thought. Possibly some proprietary pinout being used.

Google accordingly and look for schematics and diagrams showing what each pin does. Include "Logitech" in the search words.

Very good chance that some adapter(s) are available to convert the "leftover's" to a functional status. And very likely there are some sites that will show you how to perhaps solder on new plugs and connectors.

Take your time. Diagram the schematics/connections. Solder and test carefully.

RS-232 (Serial) connector is my thought. Possibly some proprietary pinout being used.

Google accordingly and look for schematics and diagrams showing what each pin does. Include "Logitech" in the search words.

Very good chance that some adapter(s) are available to convert the "leftover's" to a functional status. And very likely there are some sites that will show you how to perhaps solder on new plugs and connectors.

Take your time. Diagram the schematics/connections. Solder and test carefully.

Solution