Using TV as monitor for a laptop with broken screen. Accidently deleted drivers and now it won't connect to TV. HELP?

Miss_Moose

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I was using my laptop with a broken screen on my TV. It was hooked up with a HDMI cable and it worked fine for months. Last week my computer installed, "AMD Installer" and after that it started running really, really slow. So I decided to uninstall it. When I restarted my computer after the uninstall it would no longer hook up to my TV via HDMI. I can't see anything on the screen. Any ideas?
(Yes, I have tried to hit the display button on the keyboard to switch it over, but that did not work.)

Solution
There was this thread that was created here having the same issue. What they did was, they remove the laptop screen and by default it read the external monitor as the main display. Hope this one works for you too.

ScreenSurgeons1

Commendable
May 3, 2016
There was this thread that was created here having the same issue. What they did was, they remove the laptop screen and by default it read the external monitor as the main display. Hope this one works for you too.

Solution