Using Twitch Alerts in OBS but Norton Blocks It

freakinhobo

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
So we tried using a twitch alert to make a follower alert, but on the initial test Norton popped up with a medium risk and removed it immediately. Looking at the history, it Quarantined this:

Category: Resolved Security Risks
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename
6/14/2016 10:11:11 AM,Medium,cef-bootstrap.exe (WS.Reputation.1) detected by Download Insight,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,c:\users\marisha\desktop\obs-plugins\64bit\cef-bootstrap.exe

and this:

Category: Resolved Security Risks
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename
6/14/2016 10:11:10 AM,Medium,libcef.dll (WS.Reputation.1) detected by Download Insight,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,c:\users\marisha\desktop\obs-plugins\64bit\libcef.dll

Is this a no kidding virus of some sort? We tried a different .gif file and got the same result. So if this is a virus we basically can't use twitch alerts as it seems like it's on the page itself.. or is this Norton simply not allowing something it doesn't understand? What other options do we have to get alerts to work properly?

Solution

Yes, you can do that so as long you downloaded it from official site because if not it actually could be a virus infected version you downloaded from a random site. Honestly though I usually don't bloat my computer down with small apps like that. Most are usually not well coded and most the time not optimized and cause higher usage rate on cpu or memory

msfexploit

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Its an executable file that norton doesnt recognize. Its not a very big program... so norton cant read it as safe. It will always block an unrecognized executable file.

msfexploit

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

Yes, you can do that so as long you downloaded it from official site because if not it actually could be a virus infected version you downloaded from a random site. Honestly though I usually don't bloat my computer down with small apps like that. Most are usually not well coded and most the time not optimized and cause higher usage rate on cpu or memory

Solution