Solved! V-Modo BoomPro Y-Splitter not picking up microphone audio!

Nov 30, 2019
Hey guys just received my Philips SHP9500's and my V-Modo BoomPro. However I am having an issue where the headphones are producing audio but the microphone is not picking up audio.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling realtek/nahimic drivers for what seems hours now.

The Realtek Audio Console has an MSI Overlay with limited functionality.

The ironic part is it detects the mic being plugged on the MSI Realtek Audio Console but it wont pickup the signal. Huge slap to the face.

I am using an MSI Laptop the model is: MSI GE63 RGB 8RE

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am pretty frustrated at this point and just want to experience an actual headset again.

Solution
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Should the above not work, either the port isn't functioning correctly, the microphone isn't or there is an issue with the way the microphone is connecting to the computer (cheap port).

Test the mic on another device. If it works fine, then you have a bad/problematic port. The only...

2. Click on "Sound".
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".

Should the above not work, either the port isn't functioning correctly, the microphone isn't or there is an issue with the way the microphone is connecting to the computer (cheap port).

Test the mic on another device. If it works fine, then you have a bad/problematic port. The only options then are to either replace the port or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through that.

Solution
Nov 30, 2019

2. Click on "Sound".

Test the mic on another device. If it works fine, then you have a bad/problematic port. The only options then are to either replace the port or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through that.

I tried doing that earlier but no avail. it doesn't let me past the screen where you test the incoming volume level.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe its just a bad port it has to be a software related issue, I put a ton of money into this thing last year and this is my first time using the Mic input port at all. Not to mention its gold plated if that speaks for quality.

The mic does work on another device such as my PS4 Controller. But you did give me an idea to test a different mic on the port to narrow the troubleshoot down.

Note: Upon further observation the input levels on the Recording tab spike up when im plugging in the mic as if its picking up the pop sound is that a good sign? Lol.